In football, only a handful of players can craft and dictate a game the way Leo Messi can.
However, in the return leg with PSG, we saw something else. We saw someone else take that responsibility and push the team forward: Neymar da Silva Santos Jr.
Will never forget the date: 03/08/2017.
Everything that happened during the miracle game was also surprising:
- Neymar’s talk with Sergi Roberto discussing the area he should stay in and wait for possible crosses.
- Raul and Jese Rodriguez stating that Real Madrid is the true comeback kings and Barcelona is not a team that can pull this off.
- Neymar’s bet with his teammates to score at least 2 goals.
- Ramos said he enjoys when Barca lose and that it helps him sleep at night.
- Suarez’s statement when he said that if Barca can score 4 against Real at the Bernabeu, then scoring 4 against PSG at the Camp Nou is also a possibility.
- Di Maria’s premature celebration where he ‘shushed’ the Camp Nou after Cavani’s goal to make the score 3-1 (Agg). What was he even thinking about doing that in front of 93,000 fans?
- Di Maria’s premature statement.
- Enrique assuring everyone that if PSG can score 4 against us then we can surely score 6 against them.
- Verrati and Draxler being cautious in their statements when both of them stated that Barca is better than PSG and Barca scoring 4 goals at the Camp Nou against them is not an issue for the likes of the “MSN”.
Filled under: Highlights