The Fa has sent a warning to Manchester City about coach Pep Guardiola behavior against Liverpool at the top of round 21 of the tournament.
Guardiola threw the scarf he wore on the ground, and shouted at the fourth referee, protesting his team’s lack of offense.
Newspaper “Mundo Deportivo” said the referee, Anthony Taylor was alert to Guardiola’s emotions and went to him and asked him to calm down.”This is Pep Guardiola’s first warning this season,” he said, noting that if he received four warnings, he would be suspended for one or several matches.
The match ended with a 2-1 win over Liverpool, with Reds on 54 points, while City moved up to 50 points.
Pep Guardiola in comments before the game, pointed to the fact that Taylor is from a suburb of Manchester (and maybe a fan of both teams), Despite his emphasis on not Questioning the integrity of the referee.
The FA has fined before United’s Jose Mourinho £ 50,000 ($ 64,000) in November 2016 for talking about Taylor before a match against Liverpool. But the financial fine was imposed because Mourinho might have heard of it.
- Chelsea vs Manchester City English Premier League Match
- Manchester United vs Sheffield United F.C. Premier League Match
- Jurgen Klopp: I’m not in a good position to make the hard decision
- Liverpool vs Crystal Place FC English Premier League Match
- Lionel Messi beats Roberto Firmino and Matthijs de Ligt